- Batman Avenue (150m north of Rod Laver Arena entrance)
- Melways Ref 2G A7
- Start Batman Avenue
- Note: there will be two wave starts that correspond to your race number colour. Please start in the allocated area
- Runners head north along Batman Avenue; left into Flinders Street, left into Swanston Street and cross to northbound (west side) service lane at Princes Bridge.
- Then there is a RIGHT hand turn into Southbank Blvd, followed by a RIGHT hand turn into Sturt St and proceed (under the St Kilda Rd) along Alexandra Ave to a right hand turn into Linlithgow Ave.
- Proceed along Linlithgow Ave to Birdwood Ave to right hand turn into Domain Road, followed by a right hand turn into St Kilda Road.
- Proceed along St Kilda Road to a right hand turn at Princes Walk (just prior to) Fed Square Competitors then run along the path next to Birrarung Marr before veering right on to the William Barak Bridge.
- At the end of the bridge they make a hairpin left hand turn on to Jolimont St followed by a left turn on to Brunton Avenue.
- 10km entrants (only) use the north bound lanes in Brunton Ave to a U-Turn past the MCG then back along Brunton Ave in southbound lanes.
- Runners then turn right the MCG to the finish.
Walkers not recommended however if you would like to enter The Coffee Club 10km event but only want to walk, please place yourself at the rear of the start field and be aware that both Marathon & Half Marathon courses use the same roads and they will be coming from behind you.
- Walkers - you may be required to move onto the walking paths.